Strength to Strength Sisters welcomed Kristi Mast to share on the importance of discipleship among sisters.
If women are told to be silent in the church, keepers at home, and meek and quiet, what does it look like for them to participate in the life of the church? Why does the church need women to study God’s Word if they aren’t preaching and teaching the body? And what’s the connection between the Scriptures and a life of discipleship? We’ll wrestle with these questions and more in our discussion together!
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Kristi Mast was born in Virginia, but spent most of her life in Hutchinson, KS where she was a part of Center Amish Mennonite Church. As a young adult, she spent significant time working in a semi-urban ministry in Hutchinson, Kansas. Kristi spent two years studying at Faith Builders in Guys Mills, Pennsylvania. Following her studies at Faith Builders, she returned to Kansas to teach a year of high school. During her time at Faith Builders, she developed a passion for God’s word as the most reliable source of spiritual formation and discipleship. This passion took her to Boston in 2019 to finish her bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies at Sattler College. While there, her passion for women’s discipleship and the word grew as she participated in intentional community and dove into scripture in her studies. As a result of her studies at Sattler, she wrote a Bible study practicum that guides women through Scripture and teaches Bible study skills along the way. Daughters of Promise published the study in early 2023.
Kristi stayed in Boston after her graduation to work at Sattler College as Director of Student Life. In her role there, she gets to dream about discipleship and shepherd young women—a match made in heaven for her. She fellowships with Followers of the Way in Boston and lives with her good friend Joy in a tiny apartment in a neighborhood that speaks more Spanish than English.
This presentation is part of our “Intentional” series. Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Intentional Modesty: Seeking God’s Heart for His Daughters” by Laura Kuruvilla
- Talk 2 – “Intentional Discipleship: A New Testament Vision for Women in the Church” by Kristi Mast (this presentation)
- Talk 3 – “Intentional Forgiveness: Keeping Our Spirits Free and Clean” by Edith Burkholder
- Talk 4 – “Intentional Formation: Living Young Adult Years with Purpose” by Joy Weiler
- Talk 5 – “Intentional Relationships: Peace Within, Between, and Among” by Janelle Glick
- Talk 6 – “Intentional Bible Study: Reflect, Learn Steward” by Irene Bontrager
- Talk 7 – “Intentional Finances: Using Our Resources for the Kingdom” by Lynelle Martin
- Talk 8 – “Intentional Rest: Living in the Beloved” by Dawn Nolt
- Talk 9 – “Intentional Growth: Reflecting with Prayer and Journaling” by Dorcas Showalter
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9113#. Click here for more information.