Strength to Strength Sisters welcomed Edith Burkholder to discuss how to move on from difficult situations, make peace with our past, and grow through it all by learning to forgive eachother as God has forgiven us.
As we live and serve with other people, there are sometimes misunderstandings and problems in relationships. Edith will share about things that have helped her in times when she felt stuck in ruts of thinking and helped to bring her to more full forgiveness.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Recommended: Talk by Edith Burkholder’s husband, Merle Burkholder
Edith has had a full, rich life with various expanding experiences. She was raised in a large family, including three adopted siblings. She is a wife to Merle, and mother to five children including two who aren’t biological offspring. Her first baby died at three days old. Her family served in missions in NW Ontario and Haiti since 1978, as well as having been involved in helping bring refugees to Canada the past few years. Edith also is a survivor of sexual abuse. All of these things have helped her grow and rely on God for wisdom.
This presentation is part of our “Intentional” series. Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Intentional Modesty: Seeking God’s Heart for His Daughters” by Laura Kuruvilla
- Talk 2 – “Intentional Discipleship: A New Testament Vision for Women in the Church” by Kristi Mast
- Talk 3 – “Intentional Forgiveness: Keeping Our Spirits Free and Clean” by Edith Burkholder (this presentation)
- Talk 4 – “Intentional Formation: Living Young Adult Years with Purpose” by Joy Weiler
- Talk 5 – “Intentional Relationships: Peace Within, Between, and Among” by Janelle Glick
- Talk 6 – “Intentional Bible Study: Reflect, Learn Steward” by Irene Bontrager
- Talk 7 – “Intentional Finances: Using Our Resources for the Kingdom” by Lynelle Martin
- Talk 8 – “Intentional Rest: Living in the Beloved” by Dawn Nolt
- Talk 9 – “Intentional Growth: Reflecting with Prayer and Journaling” by Dorcas Showalter
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9116#. Click here for more information.