Strength to Strength Sisters welcomed Dorcas Showalter to share on intentional growth, specifically through the ways of reflection with prayer and journaling.
Often amidst the difficulties in this broken world, we can feel stuck between what is our reality and what we wish our lives would be like. Through many of these times in her own life, Dorcas learned that reflecting deeply on certain intentional questions alongside prayer and journaling, she was able to continually move forward in growth.
Join us in this space to be inspired that growth is possible in any circumstance and how you can also incorporate the trio of reflection, prayer, and journaling as an aid in your journey.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Resource: Days of Month Verse Prayers
Resource: Reflections and Prayers
In 2016, my husband, Dennis, and I and our three children, Dixie, Tristan, and Staci, moved from Montana to Coyhaique, Chile.
Although for a number of years previous I had been actively growing in God, the move to a place where nothing was familiar was a bit of a challenge in numerous areas. In 2017, I read the whole Bible within the year. This decision had such a profound impact on me and marks a launch into a deeper level of intentional living. Through the last 7 years, I have been using a combination of intentional pondering alongside prayer, and the habit of journaling, to help me move forward in growth.
In the last 4 years, God has opened our home to an amazing opportunity as hundreds of guests pass through. People from many different countries have shared cups of tea or meals at our table, and as I look into the eyes of the women and listen to their stories and heartaches, I realize with greater clarity that I am a steward of the truth that will set them free.
It is my passion to show forth the praises of Him who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light.” To be willing to tell my story of how God has worked, and is working in my life, in the hope it may be an inspiration for other women to believe they too, can live with intention and purpose: to be life-givers.
This presentation is part of our “Intentional” series. Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Intentional Modesty: Seeking God’s Heart for His Daughters” by Laura Kuruvilla
- Talk 2 – “Intentional Discipleship: A New Testament Vision for Women in the Church” by Kristi Mast
- Talk 3 – “Intentional Forgiveness: Keeping Our Spirits Free and Clean” by Edith Burkholder
- Talk 4 – “Intentional Formation: Living Young Adult Years with Purpose” by Joy Weiler
- Talk 5 – “Intentional Relationships: Peace Within, Between, and Among” by Janelle Glick
- Talk 6 – “Intentional Bible Study: Reflect, Learn Steward” by Irene Bontrager
- Talk 7 – “Intentional Finances: Using Our Resources for the Kingdom” by Lynelle Martin
- Talk 8 – “Intentional Rest: Living in the Beloved” by Dawn Nolt
- Talk 9 – “Intentional Growth: Reflecting with Prayer and Journaling” by Dorcas Showalter (this presentation)
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9139#. Click here for more information.