Strength to Strength Sisters welcomed Dawn Nolt to share on how to connect with others and help encourage rest for their souls.
Living in a world driven by technology, and in a culture devoted to family, productivity and ministry, many of us find ourselves busy and exhausted. Regularly quieting our hearts and replenishing our souls has become an elusive dream rather than reality.
Join us in this space to explore the possibility of living in a place of rest and belovedness of the Father, which empowers us to minister to those around us out of fullness rather than scarcity.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Resource: Cycle of Grace in Our Lives (handout)
Dawn spent the first 21 years of her life in Goshen, Indiana before marrying Rodney Nolt and life has been an adventure ever since.
She moved to Colorado as a new bride, to Ghana, West Africa when their first child was eight months old, back to Colorado a year later and and then to PA, where she spent the next 17 years.
In those years, she and her husband were actively involved with sending missionaries, member care and eventually became trained debriefers. Ten years ago, Rodney and Dawn started a debriefing retreat for missionaries who are on furlough or transitioning back to the US. This five day retreat is held annually in Ohio the last week of June.
Dawn loves her role as debriefer/listener as well as public speaking and has been involved in various women’s conferences and local book study groups. She loves connecting with women and encouraging them to find rest for their souls, create life giving homes and thrive in their calling as women.
In 2022, Rodney, Dawn and their four children ages 20-10 packed up their lives in PA and moved half way around the world to the island of Lesvos, Greece where they are committed long term. Rodney is the Director of EuroRelief and Dawn and the older children work in the refugee camp as EuroRelief volunteers.
This presentation is part of our “Intentional” series. Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Intentional Modesty: Seeking God’s Heart for His Daughters” by Laura Kuruvilla
- Talk 2 – “Intentional Discipleship: A New Testament Vision for Women in the Church” by Kristi Mast
- Talk 3 – “Intentional Forgiveness: Keeping Our Spirits Free and Clean” by Edith Burkholder
- Talk 4 – “Intentional Formation: Living Young Adult Years with Purpose” by Joy Weiler
- Talk 5 – “Intentional Relationships: Peace Within, Between, and Among” by Janelle Glick
- Talk 6 – “Intentional Bible Study: Reflect, Learn Steward” by Irene Bontrager
- Talk 7 – “Intentional Finances: Using Our Resources for the Kingdom” by Lynelle Martin
- Talk 8 – “Intentional Rest: Living in the Beloved” by Dawn Nolt (this presentation)
- Talk 9 – “Intentional Growth: Reflecting with Prayer and Journaling” by Dorcas Showalter
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9136#. Click here for more information.