This presentation is part of a series called “King and Country.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Part 1 – “King and Country: the King Foreshadowed” by Chuck Pike
- Part 2 – “King and Country: the King Arrives” by Wendell Martin
- Part 3 – “King and Country: the King’s Constitution” by John D. Martin (this presentation)
- Part 4 – “King and Country: the King’s Stories” by David Adams
- Part 5 – “King and Country: the King Inaugurated” by Ken Miller
- Part 6 – “King and Country: the New Humanity” by Leo Eby
- Part 7 – “King and Country: the King’s Final Victory” by Sam Baer
Strength to Strength welcomes John D. Martin to discuss the third segment of this “King and Country” series.
The Sermon on the Mount is often referred to as the constitution of the Kingdom of God. Is that just an oft-repeated phrase, or is there reason to understand this sermon as foundational?
When Jesus concluded this sermon, “the people were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes” (Matthew 7:28, 29). If we understand Jesus’ authority in these words, how will it affect our lives?
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Join us Saturday morning, June 12, at 6:00am ET. The meetings last until approximately 7:00am. Anyone can connect for free using video conferencing (Zoom) or audio (any phone):
You’ll need to install Zoom on your smartphone or computer; no account needed: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/198218107?pwd=dDk3VEtud3h5TWNJMDc0ZzFrR0N0QT09
Call (301) 715-8592 from any phone. Joining by phone, you’ll also need these:
- meeting ID: 198 218 107
- password: 647241
💡 Keep updated
Join us on Signal, Telegram, or WhatsApp for regular updates and reminders.
- To join our Signal group: https://signal.group/#CjQKIDWQ_nLcb6gY4POx9k4rdtuqqCWPANVuK-3gFinhvmXKEhA0s0L7NnAf7di_UIbryHBf
- To join our Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/JGphNhpmfW4sAw2jJOkVMg
- To join our WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BghIU9zgAa0IySkMJLSW71
Join our email list for occasional reminders and updates.
Keep informed of what’s happening. Unsubscribe anytime.