Strength to Strength welcomed John D. Martin to discuss his favorite topic, the Kingdom of God.
God’s kingdom here on earth is to be a colony of heaven that demonstrates how God intends the whole world to be.
God’s righteous rule is just, and kind, and good, and right. The problem is that the gospel is presented a lot of times as a “save me” gospel. Salvation is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
John D. Martin is an itinerant Bible teacher with interests in a diversity of Christian topics including church history, economics, music, and church as community. He compiled the hymnbook Hymns of the Church.
One of John’s passions is to help people see that the main theme of Scripture is not the “scarlet thread” of Jesus’ atonement, but rather the Kingdom of God; our salvation is a means to and end, the end being the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom is intended to demonstrate the excellence of God’s character and his manifold wisdom, and this theme runs through the entire Bible.
He lives in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania and is a part of Shippensburg Christian Fellowship.
This presentation is part of a series called “Patriotic Ambassadors.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Politics, Culture, and Kingdom Church Planting” by Dwight Nisly
- Talk 2 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Advancing Jesus’ Kingdom” by John D. Martin (this presentation)
- Talk 3 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 1” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 4 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 2” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 5 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities” by Gary Miller
- Talk 6 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Crossing Cultures” by Leonard Hege
- Talk 7 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Reclaiming Responsibility” by Zack Johnson
- Talk 8 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: The Kingdom Message, Visually Presented” by Shawn Miller
- Talk 9 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Hospitality Worthy of a Jesus Embassy” by Bryant Martin
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9055#. Click here for more information.