Strength to Strength welcomed Dwight Nisly to discuss his experiences with expanding the kingdom of God.
Have you ever wrestled with the role of politics and culture in advancing God’s Kingdom? The Apostle Paul answers these questions with a call to “the ministry of reconciliation” and a profound political analogy!
What is the message Christians should be communicating to the world?
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Dwight Nisly, a farm boy from Kansas, moved to New York City in 1997 to help start a small Christian school for children from Followers of Jesus Mennonite Church and the local community. He continues to teach at the school, and has also served as principal the past few years. He has found purpose and joy in being a father to the fatherless.
Dwight has also served as an ordained deacon at Followers of Jesus for many years, and is deeply involved in the the church. He longs to see the kingdom of God advanced in his community and around the world.
Dwight is married to Marlene. Together they have raised their three children in New York City.
This presentation is part of a series called “Patriotic Ambassadors.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Politics, Culture, and Kingdom Church Planting” by Dwight Nisly (this presentation)
- Talk 2 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Advancing Jesus’ Kingdom” by John D. Martin
- Talk 3 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 1” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 4 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 2” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 5 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities” by Gary Miller
- Talk 6 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Crossing Cultures” by Leonard Hege
- Talk 7 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Reclaiming Responsibility” by Zack Johnson
- Talk 8 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: The Kingdom Message, Visually Presented” by Shawn Miller
- Talk 9 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Hospitality Worthy of a Jesus Embassy” by Bryant Martin
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9054#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2022 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on August 26-28, 2022.
Recordings are available on the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.