Strength to Strength welcomed Zack Johnson to discuss how those politically uninvolved are to remain active in effecting change in the world.
Given voting is an abdication of responsibility, then how should Christ followers be reclaiming responsibility? This talk explores Christianity’s burden in global poverty and world change. Together with David Anderson, the two introduce James Hunter’s paradigms in To Change the World: The Irony, Tragedy, and Possibility of Christianity in the Late Modern World.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Zack Johnson worked for the Air Force as a congressional analyst before receiving an honorable discharge as a conscientious objector. He also spent time in Mozambique working in development and disaster relief.
Zack was born and raised in Ecuador and has a passion for Christianity and the international realm. His interests include models of world change, travel, and languages. He developed an allegiance to the historic Christian faith while studying the Bible through Greek and finding a faithful church community.
This presentation is part of a series called “Patriotic Ambassadors.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Politics, Culture, and Kingdom Church Planting” by Dwight Nisly
- Talk 2 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Advancing Jesus’ Kingdom” by John D. Martin
- Talk 3 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 1” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 4 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 2” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 5 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities” by Gary Miller
- Talk 6 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Crossing Cultures” by Leonard Hege
- Talk 7 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Reclaiming Responsibility” by Zack Johnson (this presentation)
- Talk 8 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: The Kingdom Message, Visually Presented” by Shawn Miller
- Talk 9 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Hospitality Worthy of a Jesus Embassy” by Bryant Martin
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9069#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is scheduled to be hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on Friday to Sunday, August 26-28, 2022.
The 2022 theme is “Cross and Kingdom” based on these words of faith:
“We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”Acts 14:22b
Learn more on the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.