Strength to Strength welcomed Shawn Miller to share an overview presentation of the kingdom of God.
To be a “kingdom person” means to be under the reign of God. Like earthly nations, Jesus’ kingdom has four components including a leader, constitution, domain, and citizens. However, in contrast to the nations of the world, Jesus’ kingdom is international. He came as a King with all the intended consequences of that terminology. His citizens are disbursed among all nations of the world.
How can we present this idea of God’s kingdom to the world around us? A visual presentation can help people firmly grasp the meaning of this concept and open the door for deep discussions about what it means to be a part of the marvelous kingdom of God.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Resource: Download presentation as PDF file.
Book: “The Marvelous Kingdom of God” by Tom A. Jones and Steve D. Brown
Shawn Miller is from Ohio and is a member at the Salem Beachy Amish Mennonite church. Shawn has worked in the medical field for six years and is currently a student at Penn State University working on a Graduate program to become a Family Nurse Practioner.
He enjoys interacting with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Pretty much a social nut. He enjoys reading books and discussing spiritual topics with other people backgrounds and cultures and is currently president of Happy Valley Christian Community.
Shawn also is burdened with the reality of millions of refugees in the world, particularly with the Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh.
This presentation is part of a series called “Patriotic Ambassadors.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Politics, Culture, and Kingdom Church Planting” by Dwight Nisly
- Talk 2 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Advancing Jesus’ Kingdom” by John D. Martin
- Talk 3 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 1” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 4 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Plundering the Strong Man’s House – part 2” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 5 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities” by Gary Miller
- Talk 6 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Crossing Cultures” by Leonard Hege
- Talk 7 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Reclaiming Responsibility” by Zack Johnson
- Talk 8 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: The Kingdom Message, Visually Presented” by Shawn Miller (this presentation)
- Talk 9 – “Patriotic Ambassadors: Hospitality Worthy of a Jesus Embassy” by Bryant Martin
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9072#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on Friday to Sunday, August 25-27, 2023.
Recordings and more coming soon at the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.