Strength to Strength welcomes Chuck Pike to explore the joy of finding and sharing Jesus through the Scriptures.
Do you have the Scriptures, but feel too weary to dig in? Has Bible study become a drudgery instead of a joy?
If that’s your experience, the good news is that there’s a goldmine awaiting your discovery. With the right tools, and a heart for the truth, God is waiting to reveal Himself to you.
In this presentation, Chuck shares how the Scriptures became alive for him and led him to faith in Jesus Christ.
Furthermore, he shares tips on how to lead Bible studies that encourage meaningful spiritual growth rather than fruitless and divisive debate.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Chuck Pike’s greatest passion is for studying and teaching the Word of God. He has taught in North America, Europe and the Middle East, and developed online lessons and teaching resources in English and Farsi. His teaching emphasizes restoring the simple Christian faith of the early Church, “the faith once for all entrusted to the saints”. His approach features practical expository teaching, explaining interconnections between the New and Old Testaments, sharing insights from the pre-Nicene Christian writers, and using the evidence of fulfilled prophecies to convince unbelievers. He is a contributing teacher to The Historic Faith, which offers online Christian courses.
He is married to Alison; they have a son and a daughter and two grandsons. He grew up in New Jersey but has lived in the Boston area for most of the past forty years. Chuck is actively involved in a house church-based Christian fellowship, A Church of Christ in Woburn.
This presentation is part of a series called “Sacred Writings.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Sacred Writings: The Revelation of Jesus Christ” by Greg Weaver
- Talk 2 – “Sacred Writings: The Bible Jesus Read” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 3 – “Sacred Writings: Preserved or Reconstructed? The Nature of the Greek New Testament” by Adam Boyd
- Talk 4 – “Sacred Writings: The Deuterocanonicals: Your Friend or Foe?” by David Bercot
- Talk 5 – “Sacred Writings: You Can’t Believe That! Answering the Skeptics” by (TBD)
- Talk 6 – “Sacred Writings: Biblical Languages Can Live Again!” by Finny Kuruvilla
- Talk 7 – “Sacred Writings: A Meal That Makes You Hungrier” by Chuck Pike (this presentation)
Scheduling to be determined.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2022 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on August 26-28, 2022.
Recordings are available on the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.