Strength to Strength welcomed Stephen Russell to explore a defense of Biblical authority against its critics.
Stephen begins by giving a summary of what the Scriptures consist of and how they were formed.
Following this, he speaks of all people’s quest to understand their own lives and the world around them. In our desire to share the Gospel with others, we should do so winsomely, drawing from Peter’s advice in 1 Peter 3:8-17.
The Christian’s defense should not use Scripture as a weapon. Instead, we should supercede confrontational apologetics with gentleness and respect, seeking to live an attractive Gospel message through our lives.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Stephen Russell has taught at Faith Builders for 23 years. Prior to that, he has taught in private Christian schools for five years and worked for Choice Books for 18 years. He received a BA in European Studies from George Mason University and a MA in Church History and Theology from Wheaton Grad School.
Stephen was drawn to the Anabaptists after he gave his life to the Lord and realized that God doesn’t want His people killing anyone. Just before he turned 21, he joined the Beachy Amish as a result of his quest for a nonresistant church. In 2008, he wrote a book on the historical and theological basis for nonresistance called Overcoming Evil God’s Way.
This presentation is part of a series called “Sacred Writings.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Sacred Writings: The Revelation of Jesus Christ” by Greg Weaver
- Talk 2 – “Sacred Writings: The Bible Jesus Read” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 3 – “Sacred Writings: Preserved or Reconstructed? The Nature of the Greek New Testament” by Adam Boyd
- Talk 4 – “Sacred Writings: The Deuterocanonicals: Your Friend or Foe?” by David Bercot
- Talk 5 – “Sacred Writings: Biblical Languages Can Live Again!” by Finny Kuruvilla
- Talk 6 – “Sacred Writings: Living the Message” by Stephen Russell (this presentation)
- Talk 7 – “Sacred Writings: A Meal That Makes You Hungrier” by Chuck Pike
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9122#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on Friday to Sunday, August 25-27, 2023.
Recordings and more coming soon at the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.