Strength to Strength welcomed David Bercot to explore the books of the Old Testament apocrypha.
These books from the so-called intertestamental period, largely written in Greek, have had a strong influence throughout the history of the church. This extended to Anabaptism in Europe, and significantly was a part of the King James Version of 1611. The Apocryphal books were often printed with the KJV up until about the 19th century.
David explores the history and controversy surrounding these books, and offers a great perspective for our consideration today.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
This presentation is part of a series called “Sacred Writings.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Sacred Writings: The Revelation of Jesus Christ” by Greg Weaver
- Talk 2 – “Sacred Writings: The Bible Jesus Read” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 3 – “Sacred Writings: Preserved or Reconstructed? The Nature of the Greek New Testament” by Adam Boyd
- Talk 4 – “Sacred Writings: The Deuterocanonicals: Your Friend or Foe?” by David Bercot (this presentation)
- Talk 5 – “Sacred Writings: Biblical Languages Can Live Again!” by Finny Kuruvilla
- Talk 6 – “Sacred Writings: Living the Message” by Stephen Russell
- Talk 7 – “Sacred Writings: A Meal That Makes You Hungrier” by Chuck Pike
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9112#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on Friday to Sunday, August 25-27, 2023.
Recordings and more coming soon at the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.