Strength to Strength welcomed Greg Weaver to introduce this series about God’s written revelation known as the Bible. Note how the apostle Paul brilliantly illustrates the path to faith:
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Romans 10:17 NKJV
Join us as we explore foundational concepts in our approach to Scripture. Consider these statements and ask yourself how you would respond:
- “Hermeneutics and interpretation is for those who don’t want to accept the plain words.”
- “The Bible is not the Word of God; Jesus is.”
- “Leave ‘Christocentrism’ for the theologians to discuss.”
- “The Bible is God’s love story (or, a history book; or, a science book).”
Do you feel confident responding to such statements?
In this talk, Greg portrays the Scriptures as a painting of an epic theme, drawing its readers into a cohesive understanding of a person as the unified center of the book.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Greg has been captivated by the vision of God’s kingdom and its present reality, and is committed to making that a reality.
He is married to Lynnae, and together they have two young children. They are a part of a new church plant, Disciples of Jesus, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This presentation is part of a series called “Sacred Writings.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Sacred Writings: The Revelation of Jesus Christ” by Greg Weaver (this presentation)
- Talk 2 – “Sacred Writings: The Bible Jesus Read” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 3 – “Sacred Writings: Preserved or Reconstructed? The Nature of the Greek New Testament” by Adam Boyd
- Talk 4 – “Sacred Writings: The Deuterocanonicals: Your Friend or Foe?” by David Bercot
- Talk 5 – “Sacred Writings: Biblical Languages Can Live Again!” by Finny Kuruvilla
- Talk 6 – “Sacred Writings: Living the Message” by Stephen Russell
- Talk 7 – “Sacred Writings: A Meal That Makes You Hungrier” by Chuck Pike
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9097#. Click here for more information.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on Friday to Sunday, August 25-27, 2023.
Recordings and more coming soon at the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.