Strength to Strength welcomes Greg Weaver to introduce this series about God’s written revelation known as the Bible. Note how the apostle Paul brilliantly illustrates the path to faith:
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Romans 10:17 NKJV
Join us as we explore foundational concepts in our approach to Scripture. Consider these statements and ask yourself how you would respond:
- “Hermeneutics and interpretation is for those who don’t want to accept the plain words.”
- “The Bible is not the Word of God; Jesus is.”
- “Leave ‘Christocentrism’ for the theologians to discuss.”
- “The Bible is God’s love story (or, a history book; or, a science book).”
Do you feel confident responding to such statements?
In this talk, Greg portays the Scriptures as a painting of an epic theme, drawing its readers into a cohesive understanding of a person as the unified center of the book.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
Greg has been captivated by the vision of God’s kingdom and its present reality, and is committed to making that a reality.
He is married to Lynnae, and together they have two young children. They are a part of a new church plant, Disciples of Jesus, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This presentation is part of a series called “Sacred Writings.” Be sure to follow the entire series:
- Talk 1 – “Sacred Writings: The Revelation of Jesus Christ” by Greg Weaver (this presentation)
- Talk 2 – “Sacred Writings: The Bible Jesus Read” by Chuck Pike
- Talk 3 – “Sacred Writings: Preserved or Reconstructed? The Nature of the Greek New Testament” by Adam Boyd
- Talk 4 – “Sacred Writings: The Deuterocanonicals: Your Friend or Foe?” by David Bercot
- Talk 5 – “Sacred Writings: You Can’t Believe That! Answering the Skeptics” by (TBD)
- Talk 6 – “Sacred Writings: Biblical Languages Can Live Again!” by Finny Kuruvilla
- Talk 7 – “Sacred Writings: A Meal That Makes You Hungrier” by Chuck Pike
Join us Saturday morning, October 8, at 6:00 AM ET. The meetings will last approximately an hour. Anyone can connect for free using video conferencing (Zoom) or audio (any phone):
You’ll need to install Zoom on your smartphone or computer; no account needed: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/198218107?pwd=dDk3VEtud3h5TWNJMDc0ZzFrR0N0QT09
- password: 647241 (if prompted)
Call (301) 715-8592 from any phone. Joining by phone, you’ll also need these:
- meeting ID: 198 218 107 #
- participant ID: (none)
💡 Keep updated
Join us on Facebook, Signal, Telegram, or WhatsApp for regular updates and reminders.
- To join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/strength2strength
- To join our Signal group: https://signal.group/#CjQKIDWQ_nLcb6gY4POx9k4rdtuqqCWPANVuK-3gFinhvmXKEhA0s0L7NnAf7di_UIbryHBf
- To join our Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/JGphNhpmfW4sAw2jJOkVMg
- To join our WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KcbW6yJuX2i3Jd2be8tPvb
Join our email list for occasional reminders and updates.
Keep informed of what’s happening. Unsubscribe anytime.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend is an annual gathering in south-central Pennsylvania. It serves as a forum for Biblical edification focusing on spiritual renewal, fervent prayer, and absolute surrender to our King, Jesus.
Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2022 was hosted at Roxbury Holiness Camp on August 26-28, 2022.
Recordings are available on the Kingdom Fellowship Weekend website.