Strength to Strength Sisters welcomed Marcia Zimmerman to share about seeking God’s heart for ways to minister in the brokenness that comes with trauma and prenatal exposure to substance abuse.
An interactive question-and-answer period follows.
- Website: FASD Success Show
- Website: Nancy Thomas Parenting
- YouTube series:
- Book: Making Sense of the Madness by Jeff Noble
- Book: FASD Sound Bites and Sanity Savers by Jeff Noble
- Book: The Connected Child by Karyn B. Purvis, David R. Cross, and Wendy Lyons Sunshine
- Book: Trying Differently Rather Than Harder by Diane Malbin
- Audio recordings available from Penn Valley Adoption Retreat 2021:
In my infancy, as a “fatherless child” in need of a home, my parents answered the call of James 1:27 and took me in through adoption, giving me their name, family and love. Because of that, and other helps along the way, I came to know adoption into God’s heart and kingdom when I was 25. I feel incredibly grateful for both of those gifts in my life. I grew up in a home of 8 children, all brought into the family through adoption.
I am passionate about understanding the needs that come because of trauma and prenatal exposure to brain-damaging substances. It is my desire to walk in wisdom from the Lord in educating myself and passing along to others what I learn about relating redemptively to children and adults who struggle from these things.
The Strength to Strength podcast is available through many outlets. Listen online, download episodes, or subscribe through your preferred provider.
Use our Dial-A-Message service to listen by phone, code 9082#. Click here for more information.